This article from Larry Ferazzo shares with you the current thinking:-
Larry Ferazzo teaches English, Social Studies and International Baccalaureate classes to English Language Learners and mainstream students at Luther Burbank High School in Sacramento, California. He has written five books: Self-Driven Learning: Teaching Strategies For Student Motivation; The ESL/ELL Teacher’s Survival Guide (with co-author Katie Hull Sypnieski); Helping Students Motivate Themselves: Practical Answers To Classroom Challenges; English Language Learners: Teaching Strategies That Work; and Building Parent Engagement In Schools (with co-author Lorie Hammond).
A lot has been written recently about the importance of “curation” in this age of information “overload.” In March, Larry wrote a post titled The Difference Between “Curating,” “Aggregating” & “Creating” which shares his perspective on the topic.
Here are Larry’s choices for The Best Posts & Articles About Curation:
- The Difference Between “Curating,” “Aggregating” & “Creating”
- Real-Time News Curation is a nice collection by Robin Good.
- I’m a curator is by David Deubelbeiss from EFL Classroom 2.0.
- 3 Reasons Curation is Here to Stay is from Read Write Web.
- The Three C’s of Information Commerce: Consumption, Curation, Creation is by Brian Solis.
- Steven Rosenbaum is the author of the a book titled Curation Nation. You can read an excerpt from the book here, and the transcript of an interview with him here.
- Students Becoming Curators of Information is from Langwitches.
- What Makes A Great Curator Great? How To Distinguish High-Value Curation From Generic Republishing is from Robin Good.
- The aggregator’s dilemma: How do you fairly serve your readers & the sources you rely on? is from Poynter.
- I’m not a “curator” is a pretty interesting post.
- Are Curators Bowerbirds?
- Teaching Students to Become Curators of Ideas: The Curation Project is from St. Edward’s University.
- Digital Curation: Putting the Pieces Together is an excellent post by Sue Waters discussing curation and offering many suggested online tools.
- Dean Shareski and I had a video conversation for a class he’s teaching. The topic was “All About Curation.”
Download as pdf:- The_Best_Posts-Articles_About_Curation